As I was browsing through my SoundCloud feed, I realised it said "10 years" next to the first drafts of "Resilients" and "Bioluminescence", then called "s2 c3a t1a" and "r5 t2 t3", both recorded in London, and on which I remember sampling various noises and destroying some piezo transducers in the process. I think much of "Ssyeru" was done even earlier when I was a Sound Design student at Ravensbourne (better late than never etc).
These tracks pushed Logic Pro (before it was Logic Pro X) the hardest I ever could then - various sounds sculpting each other and basically being impossible to re-record later on. It took forever to arrive at a good fit between these few tracks but I'm happy with how the whole little EP has aged.
It is also one of which there are various related things.
- There's a bit of "Dive" slapped on the end of a popular netlabel Various Artists compilation.
- "Dive" itself has an early version ("130309b") in two parts, as well as a later 'prequel' version ("Emergence"), both of which I've played occasionally live.
- The beginning of "Yourturn" (out on a Touched VA compilation) intentionally has the same sound design of "Dive".
- "Resilients" ended up used on an app for Airbus.
- "Ssyeru" has a 5.1 mix (lost to the digital gods).
- "Found and Lost" has a video; the Spotify version lacks the sonified Circular Search pattern heard in the original.